Savoring Life, Inc. Mission Statement
Savoring Life, Inc. is a New Jersey non-profit corporation that strives to provide gap funding in response to disaster recovery and funding for cultural, educational and health initiatives that help to foster positive community spirit, hope and joy of (savoring) life. Our first project, the Savoring the Shore fundraising cookbook, is dedicated to New Jersey Shore Sandy recovery.
Savoring Life, Inc. Grant Criteria
- Savoring Life, Inc. will award grants for specific projects and one-time programs, but not for general operating costs, staff salaries, sponsorship or fundraisers of any kind, capital campaigns or building improvement projects (except for disaster recovery), endowments or reserve funds or grants to individuals, PTA’s or Booster Clubs
- Savoring Life, Inc. grants typically range from $200 to a maximum of $1,000 annually
- Savoring Life, Inc. grants are reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees, which consists of individuals from New Jersey
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 organization or government agency serving the New Jersey Shore area
- The focus of the project or program should be New Jersey shore Sandy recovery
- Specific projects with funding needs are more likely to be funded
Please complete the NY/NJ Common Grant Application form and mail to Savoring Life, Inc. 96 Ford Road, Suite 15, Denville, NJ 07834 or email to email@example.com
Funding will be distributed in response to grant requests
Projects with a detailed itemized list of program expenses are more likely to be funded
- The organization must be available for a site visit if selected as a beneficiary
- The organization must adhere to all deadlines and application requirements
Follow up report: within 6 months of receipt of grant
Many organizations apply for grants each year and the overall amount of funding requested far exceeds Savoring Life Inc.’s resources. Declined applications in no way reflect the worthiness of an organization’s mission or programming and these groups are encouraged to apply again next year.